Congratulations on selecting McDaniel College as your transfer destination!
Below you will find details on important next steps in your enrollment process. Please be sure to complete each step by the deadline indicated.
Connect With Your Advisor: As soon as possible
Beginning June 7, deposited transfer students will be contacted via email with the name of their faculty advisor based on the major of interest on file with the admissions office. Once you have received your advisor's contact information, it is up to you to reach out to them to schedule an advising appointment. In your appointment, you will identify which Placement Exams need to be completed and discuss academic requirements in preparation for registration on June 25. Please note that you will not be able to register unless you have been cleared by your advisor.
More details about the advising and registration process are available HERE.
The Housing and Roommate Matching Survey is required for ALL students even those who plan on commuting. Complete your Housing and Roommate Matching Survey HERE. In addition to confirming your preferences (residential or commuter), you will submit your preferred Meal Plan. Additionally the Housing and Roommate Matching Survey is the first step in identifying your roommate preferences. When filling out the questionnaire, it is important to answer each question as honestly as possible. There will be opportunities to indicate which questions are the most important to you, as well as the opportunity to list other information that would be helpful for matching you with a roommate.
Need Special Housing Consideration?
Download the Special Housing Consideration Request Form HERE.
Getting Connected: Deadline June 14
You have one set of credentials for accessing McDaniel College online, including Blackboard (our online learning system), the myMcDaniel Student Portal, and your college email. To activate your account, you need your Username and College ID number, which were provided in your Registration and Readiness Workbook (need your Username and College Id number emailed to you? No prob. Send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org). Next follow these steps:
- Go to webapps.mcdaniel.edu/accounts/activate
- Submit your credentials and follow the steps to set up your account.
- Once your account has been activated, log in to the myMcDaniel portal
- Check your email from the link in the myMcDaniel portal and explore the resources available.
Visual learner? Click HERE for a video that provides step-by-step instructions for how to set-up your account.
At McDaniel College, we use placement exams to help determine the best level for you to begin your academic coursework. Transfer students will work closely with their advisor to determine which placement exams they need to complete. We offer three placement exams:
- ENGLISH: Generally required for all students.
- LANGUAGE: This exam is required for those who have previously studied a language even if you plan to study a different language here at McDaniel.
- MATH: This exam is only required if you intend on taking math, computer science, business or related science classes in the first semester. Others are strongly encouraged to take the placement exam now while skills are fresh in your mind.
Once you have determined which Placement Exams you need to complete, log into BlackBoard to complete the exams.
FOR STUDENTS WITH DOCUMENTED LEARNING, PSYCHOLOGICAL OR PHYSICAL DIFFERENCES: If you are a student with a documented disability, please complete the Student Academic Support Services (SASS) registration form so SASS can help to support your needs this summer as you get ready to arrive! Learn more about SASS here.
Register for Classes: Registration Opens June 25
Registration opens for transfer students on Tuesday, June 25 at 8:30am.
- Please note that you must be cleared by an advisor in order to register.
- McDaniel uses a system called "Student Planning" to plan out and register for courses. To prepare for a successful registration, please review this intro video.
If you would like to authorize us to share your education records with parents or others, you must complete the Release of Student Information Form. Download it HERE and return the completed form to the Registrar’s Office in person, or scan/photograph and email to
email@example.com from the student’s McDaniel email account.
Submit your Student I.D. Photo: Deadline July 1
Your McDaniel 1Card is your official identification card as a McDaniel College student. McDaniel 1Cards are issued to all members of our college community, and are required for identification and access to essential campus services. We’re pleased to allow you to select the photo you’d like to use for your McDaniel 1Card.
Here’s how to submit your photo:
Submit Your Final Admission Documents: Deadline July 15
In addition to state requirements, there are a variety of other documents that you must submit to the Office of Admissions before we can officially close out your application file.
- Final Official Transcript(s): You are required to submit final official transcripts for any coursework that occurred in the 2018-2019 academic year. An official transcript from each college/university attended (including if you were taking courses as part of a dual enrollment program) must be submitted.
- Final High School Transcript: Federal financial aid regulations require us to have documentation of your high school diploma. You can demonstrate this by submitting your final highschool transcript (which will indicate your graduation date).
ALL DOCUMENTS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Office of Admissions
2 College Hill
Westminster, MD 21157
Per Maryland State Law, you are required to submit a Student Health Form and Immunization Record. A copy of the forms were included in your Welcome Home packet. Download another copy of the forms HERE.
Are you a student-athlete?
In addition to the health forms required by the College, McDaniel College Athletics requires all student athletes to fill out additional forms to be eligible to practice or compete in intercollegiate athletics.
Complete the New Student-Athlete Bio Information Form HERE. (Note: this Form will be available shortly.)
Complete the Student-Athlete Medical Form HERE. (Note: this Form will be available shortly.)
Complete Your Alcohol Awareness and Sexual Assault Prevention Program: Deadline August 15
McDaniel has joined together with many top schools in the country in adopting Alcohol Edu for College and Sexual Assault Prevention (Understanding Sexual Assault) as a component of our alcohol and sexual violence prevention initiatives. To this end, we require every new incoming McDaniel student to take Alcohol Edu for College and Sexual Assault Prevention.
- You may access the course beginning August 1st.
- In order to access the course, you will receive an instruction email prior to August 1st explaining how to access the course. This email will be sent to your McDaniel email address.
- You will need to complete Part 1 (approximately 2-3 hours) by August 15.
- Approximately 45 days later, you will receive an automated email asking you to complete the remainder of the course. At this time, you will need to log in again to complete Part 2 (approximately 15 minutes).
- Only once you’ve finished Part 2 have you completed the program.