Hello Fall 2015 Transfer Students – Welcome!
Hello Fall 2017 Transfer Students – Welcome!
We are thrilled that you have made the decision to join the McDaniel community as a new transfer student.
The coming months will be an exciting time and we look forward to meeting you and getting to know you as you prepare for your arrival to McDaniel.
A few important things to know NOW and as you move forward:
1. The “First Stop” Office is the home base for McDaniel’s First Year Program/Experience (all first-year and first-year transfer students) and is your one-stop shop for all questions and processes now and when you arrive to campus – call us anytime at 410-857-2790 or email us at email@example.com.
2. McDaniel has a First Year Team who will help you from your point of deposit and through your first year at McDaniel. The team is:
- Dean Violanti (Dean V): Associate Dean for First Year Students
- Dr. Carpenter: Director, First Year Seminar Program
- Dr. Krebs: Assistant Director, First Year Seminar Program
- Michael Robbins: Director, Office of Student Engagement
3. At the beginning of May, you will receive an email from “Dean V” to welcome you and get you started on your new student “checklist” including the creation of your McDaniel account, declaring your major, getting connected to a faculty advisor and other important information. You will also get connected with the “Transfer Peer Mentors” at this time who will be a great support system to you as you transition to the McDaniel community.
4. Toward the end of June, you will be able to finalize your advising plan with your faculty advisor and register for Fall 2017 classes in our online system called the “Archway”.
5. In July there will be a Parent Preview orientation for your families (Families of FY students and transfer students attend) which is a great event; we hope your families can attend! Those sessions are July 13 & 14 and July 18 & 19 and we will post more information on the website this spring.
6. In August, you will get ready to arrive to campus and participate in new student orientation. Orientation will take place Friday, 8/20 and Saturday, 8/21 and will be a great mix of social and academic events so you can meet people and feel at home before classes start.
Please contact McDaniel with any questions at 410-857-2790 and/or at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you all!