New Student Orientation Program:
Thursday, August 22nd, 2019
The New Student Orientation events assist you in the transition to McDaniel, both academically and socially. There is time to get settled in your hall, get to know classmates, meet professors, and figure out where all of your classes actually take place on campus.
The First Year Program orientation program is for first-year students and new transfer students. The goals of the overall orientation program are as follows:
- To support new students as they begin the college and McDaniel experience.
- To promote engagement with the values of the McDaniel community.
- To provide accurate and relevant information about the McDaniel community.
- To create opportunities and offer experiences in academic and social settings in which students can begin the connection to the campus community.
- To support the connection of new students to faculty, staff, administration and other students at McDaniel with opportunities to start and build relationships.
- To create opportunities for new students to connect with campus departments, offices and programs that will support student success at McDaniel.
- To provide students with opportunities to discuss and reflect, in a supportive environment, on any fears and anxieties about starting college.
- To establish a strong network and foundation in which students can move forward to a successful semester.
View the New Student Orientation for Fall 2019 PDF »