Transfer and New Student Orientation - January 2018
The New Student Orientation events assist you in the transition to McDaniel, both academically and socially. There is time to get settled in your hall, get to know classmates, meet professors, and figure out where all of your classes actually take place on campus. By Monday you’ll feel like a Green Terror!
Please contact the First Year Team at email@example.com with any questions you may have.
Move in day for resident students is Friday, January 19th. Students can pick up keys in the Residence Life Office in Decker College Center any time between 8:30am-4:30pm. Please call Residence Life with any questions you have about housing and/or the move in process. The Transfer Peer Mentors will also be on hand to assist you in moving things to your new campus home!
The First Year Program has orientation programs for first-year students and new transfer students. The goals of the overall orientation program are as follows:
- To support new students as they begin the college and McDaniel experience.
- To promote engagement with the values of the McDaniel community.
- To provide accurate and relevant information about the McDaniel community.
- To create opportunities and offer experiences in academic and social settings in which students can begin the connection to the campus community.
- To support the connection of new students to faculty, staff, administration and other students at McDaniel with opportunities to start and build relationships.
- To create opportunities for new students to connect with campus departments, offices and programs that will support student success at McDaniel.
- To provide students with opportunities to discuss and reflect, in a supportive environment, on any fears and anxieties about starting college.
- To establish a strong network and foundation in which students can move forward to a successful semester.