Welcome New Students!
Hello Class of 2021!
We are thrilled that you have made the decision to join the McDaniel community!
The coming months will be an exciting time and we look forward to meeting you and getting to know you as you prepare for your arrival to McDaniel.
A few important things to know NOW and as you move forward:
1. The “First Stop” Office is the home base for McDaniel’s First Year Program/Experience and is your one-stop shop for all questions and processes now and when you arrive to campus – call us anytime at 410-857-2790 or email us at email@example.com.
2. McDaniel has a First Year Team who will help you from your point of deposit and through your first year! They are:
- Dean Violanti (Dean V): Associate Dean for First Year Students
- Dr. Carpenter: Director, First Year Seminar Program
- Dr. Krebs: Assistant Director, First Year Seminar Program
- Michael Robbins: Director, Office of Student Engagement
3. Around mid-March, you will receive an email from “Dean V” to welcome you and get you started on your new student “checklist” including the creation of your McDaniel account, choosing a First Year Seminar class, filling out a roommate form and a lot of other great things!
4. Around the end of June, you will find out who your First Year advisor is and also who your student Peer Mentor is! These people will help you in the summer (July & August) to look at classes, get to know McDaniel and support you until you arrive and all through the first year.
5. In July there will be a Parent Preview orientation for your families which is a great event; we hope your families can attend! Those sessions are July 13 & 14 and July 18 & 19 and we will post more information on the website this spring.
6. In August, you will get ready to arrive to campus and participate in new student orientation! Orientation will take place Wednesday, August 19th through Sunday, August 23rd and will be a great mix of social and academic events so you can meet people and feel at home before classes start.
Please contact McDaniel with any questions at 410-857-2790 and/or at firstname.lastname@example.org.