Federal Work Study Process

A. Find a Position

B. Complete FWS Paperwork

  • Both student and supervisor must complete the Federal Work Study Authorization Form. The form is emailed to the supervisor after the Financial Aid Office has been notified that the student has been hired.

C. Completing New Hire Paperwork with Human Resources

  • Students who have not previously been employed on campus must also stop by the Human Resources office to complete a new hire packet. Please note that all student worker positions are considered regular positions in which a W-2 will be issued at the end of the calendar year. The student will need to complete I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form required by the Department of Homeland Security before beginning work. This will include showing the Office of Human Resources original documentation confirming work status. For a list of acceptable documents, please go to https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-9.pdf.

D. Begin working and earning your FWS Award!