McDaniel College offers students the option to request book advance funds. Bookstore advances are based on enrollment status and the amount of excess aid expected; this means that once the student’s tuition, room/board, and fees have been paid, then the excess can be used to buy books from the College's bookstore. For example, if your bill is $14,000 and you are receiving $14,500 in financial aid, we may be able to grant you a book advance for up to $500 depending on student type and credits:
Full-time Students - $600
Undergraduate 12+ credits
Graduate 9+ credits
Part-time Students - $50 per credit
Undergraduate less than 12 credits
Graduate less than 9 credits
Please note the following in order to request a book advance:
- Obtain a McDaniel 1Card Tuition Account Transfer form from the Bursar’s Office.
- Student must be matriculated and registered for classes.
- All requested documents must have been submitted to the Financial Aid Office.
- There can be no outstanding balance.
- Book advances are only given for fall and spring semesters with limited exceptions for summer: Pell-eligible students whose federal aid will result in a credit balance. There are no Bookstore Advances for JanTerm, but the JanTerm credits and charges are considered part of the spring semester.
- You can only request one book advance per semester.
- Book advances may be requested 1 week prior to the start of the classes.
- Book advances are not available once a refund has been initiated for your account.
- Contact the McDaniel Bursar Office at 410-857-2209 if you have questions about whether or not you are eligible for a book advance.