McDaniel College Grants
A substantial number of grants ranging from $2,000 to $27,000 are awarded to students based on financial need as determined by federal law and institutional polices. Award amounts are determined after all other merit-based and need-based awards are taken into account.
The following scenarios could result in a revision to a student’s McDaniel Grant:
- a change in the student’s need
- a receipt of state funding not previously estimated
- a change in the student’s housing status. (Consult the Housing Policy for details.)
- a receipt of Tuition Remission or Tuition Exchange
- students attending McDaniel College for their fifth year
Guaranteed Access Partnership Program (GAPP Grant)
A McDaniel matching grant available to eligible Maryland students who receive a Guaranteed Access (GA) grant from the State and who will enroll as a new undergraduate student starting in the 2017‐18 academic year. For more information, visit http://www.micua.org/GAPP-FAQ.
Family Tuition Reduction Grants
Families with more than one immediate family member at the College are offered a tuition reduction grant. The $2,000 grant is generally applied to the second member’s financial aid award and bill. The grant is renewed as long as there are two family members enrolled full-time in the undergraduate program. If more than two members attend the College simultaneously, the additional person will also receive the grant. Please visit our Forms & Publications page to download the Family Tuition Reduction form.
McDaniel Opportunity Award
- Available to full-time undergraduate students who have exhausted all other sources of aid
- Requires financial need (as determined by FAFSA)
- Student must have completed at least 15 credits at McDaniel College and have a minimum of a 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Have maintained good academic standing as listed at http://catalog.mcdaniel.edu/
- Have exhausted Federal Direct Loan annual loan limits
- Have exhausted all other options for financial aid, including parent applying for and being denied the Federal Direct PLUS Loan (dependent students only) AND student applying for, and being denied an alternative loan
Once these requirements have been met, please email the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for the McDaniel Opportunity Award Application. Please submit the application and supporting documentation all at once—incomplete applications will not be reviewed.